[Libre-silicon-devel] Feedback from last Talk at Würzburg

Christian Pfaab pfaab at tzi.org
Sat Apr 7 19:38:03 CEST 2018

Moin,

On 04/07/2018 06:18 AM, Hagen SANKOWSKI wrote:
> Last Weekend, which was also Easter, I give a 30 minutes Talk about
> Libre Silicon in German. The event was organised from one local CCC
> chapter. You can find the Video of the talk here:
> https://media.ccc.de/v/WB99HE
>
> Well, now after a busy week, I like to share some feedback on our list.
> In the auditorium sitting around 25 people and the video above was
> already seen round about 100 times.
>
> - Oh, someone put this video on youtube also, where it has already more
> than 400 views. Awesome! -
>
> I think this is a good outcome.

It was livestreamed as well. And yes, I think you did an great job in
creating more momentum.
I would not seperate it from your Verilog Workshop and Verilog talk.

https://media.ccc.de/v/7JW9KH

I think you got the point of needing more people working on hardware
(chip design) nicely across. And that toolchains need somewhat of love
from more coders.

> Afterwards I had a smalltalk with some guys on the floor in Würzburg,
> and also conversations by email. All I invite to our Email list and to
> take part active. One guy (Christian) came across with an Invitation
> from the lowRISC circle to write an article on LWN.net

To make it clear, I just lurk in #lowRISC and mentioned your talk.
Someone directly asked for a LWN article, which is quite a nice outcome!

> Let's take the momentum and a warm welcome to our new list members.

Thanks!

> I hope, we all meet us on Sunday, 21:00 HKT at mumble 109.109.202.102,
> Port 64738 in the IC channel.

Thanks! Will try to make it.

Cheers,
Christian