[Libre-silicon-devel] Reminder - next Mumble Session on July 8, 2018 21.00 HKT

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon Jul 9 17:52:53 CEST 2018

Hi
> Would you mind make a brief comparison between AXI4/AMBA and Wishbone? I’m
> wondering to know about the most important achievements if we use AMBA
> rather than Wishbone.
Depending whether we need to apply for a license for using AXI4/AMBA, this
might be a problem especially for you, since you're in Iran.
Because a US export law based license wouldn't allow the export of these chips
into your country.
Neither into the country where we're going to build it.
So it would be "kindof" a legal issue...
The worst case would be that we would be unable to export to the united
states... And that ARM would try to sue us in multiple countries.
It's more kind of a legal question.
The AMBA bus certainly is cooler, because it can do streaming.
The question is whether the US will try to react to us selling chips to Iran
and China with fire, fury and covfefe ;-)

Cheers
	David