[Libre-silicon-devel] Reminder - next Mumble Session on July 8, 2018 21.00 HKT

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jul 10 02:58:47 CEST 2018

---

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:52 PM, David Lanzendörfer
<david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>> Would you mind make a brief comparison between AXI4/AMBA and Wishbone? I’m
>> wondering to know about the most important achievements if we use AMBA
>> rather than Wishbone.
> Depending whether we need to apply for a license for using AXI4/AMBA, this
> might be a problem especially for you, since you're in Iran.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Microcontroller_Bus_Architecture

 i checked with the UK trademark database: there are 8 trademarks for
the exact word "AXI" - none of them with ARM - and 23 for the exact
word "AMBA".  i checked the first few (1996, 1997), which would have
been the priority filing date for AMBA (first created in 1996) and
neither of them were by ARM.

 the ever-reliable 100% factually correct wikipedia states happily
that it's "100% open!!!!"

l.