[Libre-silicon-devel] Some questions regarding the NVDLA and "NVIDIA Open NVDLA License and Agreement v1.0"

Mohammad Amin Nili manili.devteam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 19:27:26 CEST 2018

Hello list,

I’m not very much familiar with different types of licenses and their legal issues. So would some one do me a favor and answer my questions?

1. Is NVDLA a libre and royalty-free IP core?
2. Is it possible to modify it and relicense the modifications?
3. You know AFAIK the GPU architecture is somewhat similar to AI accelerator. So I’m thinking NVDLA is a good starting point but I don’t know about potential legal issues. So what do you think guys?

Best regards,
Manili

NVDLA Official Website: http://nvdla.org/ <http://nvdla.org/>
NVIDIA Open NVDLA License and Agreement v1.0: http://nvdla.org/license.html <http://nvdla.org/license.html>