[Libre-silicon-devel] Some questions regarding the NVDLA and "NVIDIA Open NVDLA License and Agreement v1.0"

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Wed Jul 18 10:18:57 CEST 2018

Hi
Hmm. Yeah, you're right.
Only that you don't share the actual RTL perse but only use it for simulation
and generating a netlist and from that a .def file.
It's kind of a legal discussion[1] whether a DEF/Magic/GDS2 layout is actually
covered by copyright or whether one has to register a Gebrauchsmuster
for it already.

Cheers
	David

[1] https://www.commarts.com/columns/is-it-true-that-copyright-doesn-t-protect-graphic-design