[Libre-silicon-devel] Pad cells on test wafer

Hagen SANKOWSKI hsank at posteo.de
Sat Jul 21 18:02:58 CEST 2018

Hello Luke.

On 07/21/2018 05:47 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>     Yes, this is the target I am working on. I like to check in more stuff
>     soon :-)
>

> 10mA wont drive sdmmc full speed, or other hi speed 125mhz interfaces

You are right. We currently working on our Test Wafer - this becomes our
first free silicon at all. If you like to play with the Magic Tool, you
can already check some test structures here:
https://github.com/chipforge/PearlRiver
inside the directories of Library/magic and Layout/magic.

Feedback welcome!

We have to characterize all stuff on silicon like resistance /
capacitance on different layers first, than put the values back to the
Spice model before we can calculate accurate transistor parameters for
cells and pads.

Your wish with multiplexed IO cells is still on the to-do-list.
And the roughly calculated 10mA driving output cell is for impressing /
attracting more people. They like blinking LEDs ;-) - et voilà we do so
with on output on the test chip.

Regards,
Hagen.