[Libre-silicon-devel] Pad cells on test wafer

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Sat Jul 21 19:21:29 CEST 2018

Hi
>> Your wish with multiplexed IO cells is still on the to-do-list.
> I can take care  of the mux side, the io cells noot so much.
We will develop pad cells and drivers able to wire the periphery we have in
the core actually out into the real world. That's our job.
Then we ship a box or as many the customer orders to the location of the
customer where the customer can solder the chips onto a PCB, or put it into a
bowl with milk and eat it for breakfast or whatever they like to do with it.
As soon as we've shipped the product and provided the data sheet it's not our
business anymore what the customer will do with the product.
We will however offer assistance in developing end-user products with the
products we provide for a decent fee per hour :-)

>> And the roughly calculated 10mA driving output cell is for impressing /
>> attracting more people. They like blinking LEDs ;-) - et voilà we do so
>> with on output on the test chip.
Exactly. Customers and investors like blinky blinky tactile demos.
It's easier to attract the attention of average people this way :-)

> Ta-daaaa :)
>  Oh look up online conference.  Vsdopen conference.
Well... They're not developing a Libre process... I hope I can make a pretty
real life conference appearance showcasing the Pearl Rive end of this year at
the Chaos Communication Congress :-)