[Libre-silicon-devel] [hw-dev] NLnet 2019 grant approved for Libre RISC-V SoC development, CFP

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 9 12:14:31 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:10 AM Bert <delisvhdl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Luke,
>
> Congratulations and success!

 thanks bert

> I do believe in open source hardware, it is crucial that your initiative succeeds!

 i think people are finally starting to wake up - Cambridge Analytica
helped - to what people traditionally branded as "total religious
fervent frothing zealous libre-manta-spouting loonies" have been going
on about for decades.

however, just identifying the need to restore end-user trust isn't
enough: it's actually necessary to *make* something, and make it
according to a reasonably high-end enough spec so that it actually
goes into products that people can buy.

> BTW, we are a small group of nomad techies, coming from different EU countries,
> we all have links to our original country and the current country where we are staying,
> there are possibilities on a national level I think for financial incentives.

 very interesting to hear. can we move this to e.g
libre-riscv-dev at lists.libre-riscv.org ?