[Libre-silicon-devel] Device security - Help wanted

Christoph Maier christoph.maier at ieee.org
Mon Apr 15 01:09:09 CEST 2019

On Sun, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:17 PM Éger Ferenc <eegerferenc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> On the Mumble session of today, we began to deal with a new topic: as one of our aims is to make semiconductor manufacturing transparent, our products may end up in critical systems (infrastructure, government, important NGOs, ...). Therefore the security, trustworthiness and traceability of our devices is important. The topic grown out of a thread on our Matrix room, that I copy below to give some context:

Sorry that I didn't join this Mumble session. I was brainstorming how
to successfully apply for an infosec researcher position to be able to
do some disruptive innovation for which
1. your bespoke, large feature size IC process may be crucial,
and
2. a lot of the security protocols and procedures you describe may be
unnecessary.

We apologize for the inconvenience
tatzelbrumm