[Libre-silicon-devel] Device security - Help wanted

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Apr 15 14:19:41 CEST 2019

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:50 AM Philipp Gühring <pg at futureware.at> wrote:

> So my conclusion back then was that if we cannot find a way to do it
> reproducable in parallel, that we would need at least a reproduceable way
> that is single-threaded, so that the user could choose between fast and
> non-reproducable or slow and reproduceable.

 the design of alliance / coriolis2 lends itself to this approach, by
being mostly programmable.  configuration files are actually python
code snippets, written with a syntax that is so basic that it might as
well be a .txt file.

 by working recursively to create progressively larger cells - some of
which may be programmatically generated (yes, using python to specify
placement as well as routing), some of which may call on the
assistance of the auto-router, some of which may have involved manual
placement - it becomes possible to perform the reproduceability that
you describe *and* also not end up in heavy compromise situations,
because, overall, there are so many sub-tasks that even if some of
them need to be single-processor tasks, the entire design does not.

l.