[Libre-silicon-devel] Tools for VLSI Design - LibreSilicon flavored Live-DVD

Hagen SANKOWSKI hsank at posteo.de
Sat Feb 2 13:28:10 CET 2019

Hello Ludwig, Hello List.

Thanks Ludwig for your Effort to compile some tools!

I came across the fact, that the Debian family of Distributions has
already compiled packages for qflow, which also includes yosys and magic..

IMHO we should have a working tool flow, which allows us to work on our
project and others to follow us.

Ludwig, do you like to setup and maintain a (Debian/Mint clone) Live-DVD
with all tools already installed tools?

I would vote (at least) for
- qflow
- yosys
- magic
- klayout
- electric
- (lua)latex (while with easier UTF-8 usage!)

all in the latest and greatest version. Plus all stuff we are developing
here, like
- lsc
- popcorn
- melmac
- ... etc.

Additional (in later versions) I can think about distributing nice
documentations not only about the process, but also how-to, cookery
books of how to make chips.

A Linux Live-System is obviously the best way to let rubbernecks try out
LibreSilicon without the need to struggle through a large installation
process.

Someone like to take the task?? Or who has great contacts to package
manager for keeping the packages actual?

Best regards,
Hagen.

P.S.: the Fedora Spin with Electronic Lab is quite old, was for Fedora
13 I guess..