[Libre-silicon-devel] Tools for VLSI Design - LibreSilicon flavored Live-DVD

Hagen SANKOWSKI hsank at posteo.de
Sun Feb 3 10:11:27 CET 2019

Well, support what you're like.
Every nice packages would be great.

IMHO even without Slackware we got different targets.

1st,
all the Engineers in the Chip Making Business, namely fabs, which
dealing with the big three proprietary Vendors (Cadence, Synopsys and
Mentor) are sitting on RedHat Enterprise Machines (some few are fine
with CentOS 5 or 6, not 7)

2nd,
most Geeks which are ambitious and matching our early adopter status
seems to be Debian & Co users. Clifford (the yosys guy) e.g. develops
primarily for Ubuntu (IMHO).

3rd,
almost all Hipsters are using fancy, shiny MacOS laptops (without
reasonable RAM and computing power).

4th,
there are some folks outside with very personally configured machines -
we could catch with the Live-System.

How do we set the focus?
Attracting the 1st group would also would mean RPMs - but I am fine with
the 2nd group and DEBs.

Regards,
Hagen.