[Libre-silicon-devel] sea of gates and open analog

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Tue Feb 5 15:34:24 CET 2019

Hi
> Nice talk. But no, no glue which project he mention.
> Please ask Bunnie, I am very curious too.
What Bunnie is talking about is a very old and well known manufacturing method
and is called "gate arrays".
Problems hereby are:
a) The standard cells are still closed
b) Unsuitable as soon as you wanna design anything beyond digital
c) There can be a logger or anything in the pad cells and you wouldn't know
d) Reverse engineering the chips you receive would also be a criminal offense.

-lev

--
Best regards

CEO, David Lanzendörfer