[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jul 27 04:01:57 CEST 2019

On Saturday, July 27, 2019, David Lanzendörfer <leviathan at libresilicon.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> > Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria.
> > Those are the countries that are supposed to be restricted, and no
> others.
> > Unless a new country has been added?
> Dude. Mohammed is from Iran...

sigh. I never check and don't care where people are from. if they're
contributing to libre projects, that's what's awesome and what counts.

> Besides that.
>
> LibreSilicon does not only have developers from restricted countries in
> their
> team, but also, because of its free silicon nature, will interfere
> severely
> with the patriots act and some other US policies, which will get us banned
> by
> the US sooner or later anyway.

 I wish that there was a flaw somewhere in this line of reasoning. It is
sad to recognise some of the worst aspects of history unfold yet again,
right now, in 2019.

Because of this, I already have setup git.libresilicon.com (Our own GIT
> host)
> as well as redmine.libresilicon.com (Our own tracker) and I'm in the
> process
> of moving *all* the projects over there, right now.

Fantastic.

L.

--
---