[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

Rudolf Usselmann rudi at asics.ws
Sat Jul 27 04:58:56 CEST 2019

On Sat, 2019-07-27 at 07:44 +0800, David Lanzendörfer wrote:
> Hi
> > Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria.
> > Those are the countries that are supposed to be restricted, and no
> > others.
> > Unless a new country has been added?
>
> Dude. Mohammed is from Iran...
>
> Besides that.
>
> LibreSilicon does not only have developers from restricted countries
> in their
> team, but also, because of its free silicon nature, will interfere
> severely
> with the patriots act and some other US policies, which will get us
> banned by
> the US sooner or later anyway.
>
> Because of this, I already have setup git.libresilicon.com (Our own
> GIT host)
> as well as redmine.libresilicon.com (Our own tracker) and I'm in the
> process
> of moving *all* the projects over there, right now.
>
> -lev

Why is this even an issue ?

An international group of developers, without any affiliations
with/to the US (even if there are US based contributors) should
be free of US control and their Big Brother policies.

The way I see it, is we need an alternative to git-hub, a mirror
if you will, that is located in a "libre" country.

rudi
Rudolf Usselmann,    ASICS World Services, LTD,    www.asics.ws
Your IP Partner: SAS 12G, SATA-3, USB-3, SD/MMC/SDIO, FEC, etc.

           The agony of poor quality remains long
        after the joy of low cost has been forgotten

This email message may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.