[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

Rudolf Usselmann rudi at asics.ws
Sat Jul 27 05:07:05 CEST 2019

On Sat, 2019-07-27 at 11:03 +0800, David Lanzendörfer wrote:
> Hi
> > Why is this even an issue ?
> >
> > An international group of developers, without any affiliations
> > with/to the US (even if there are US based contributors) should
> > be free of US control and their Big Brother policies.
> >
> > The way I see it, is we need an alternative to git-hub, a mirror
> > if you will, that is located in a "libre" country.
>
> Indeed.
>
> *.libresilicon.com is already hosted on server, which I own, which is
> screwed
> into a server rack in Zürich and ran by a friend of mine.
>
> So this problem has already been solved.
>
> -lev

Perhaps you can mirror the libre* related projects on that server ?

It might also be a good idea to get in touch with EFF, to at least
point out this issue.

rudi
Rudolf Usselmann,    ASICS World Services, LTD,    www.asics.ws
Your IP Partner: SAS 12G, SATA-3, USB-3, SD/MMC/SDIO, FEC, etc.

           The agony of poor quality remains long
        after the joy of low cost has been forgotten

This email message may contain confidential and privileged
information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.