[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

ludwig jaffe ludwig.jaffe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 22:40:47 CEST 2019

So if github will be shut down or unreachable we will deploy gitlab or
something similar on different machines in the world.
The advantage of git: I one cloned the repo the bug is out an the one can
judt open a new git server and git is open source.
If you believe in moon Nazis, they also can host git if they exist and have
the means.
So nothing to worry about.
Open source is free as in freedom and git has no central entity that can be
blocked to block the project.
Gitlab is an open source replacemen with webbrowser support and looks a bit
different.

Cheers

Ludwig

On Friday, July 26, 2019, Mohammad Amin Nili <manili.devteam at gmail.com>
wrote:
> How could it be even possible?!!! Sanctions imposed by U.S. gov even
could affect on open source community?!
> Is it possible for the list to create a personal repository?
>
> Begin forwarded message:
> From: GitHub <noreply at github.com>
> Subject: GitHub and Trade Controls
> Date: July 26, 2019 at 9:46:37 PM GMT+4:30
> To: manili
>
> Due to U.S. trade controls law restrictions, your GitHub account has been
restricted.
> For individual accounts, you may have limited access to free GitHub
public repository
> services for personal communications only. Please read about GitHub and
Trade Controls at

--
Send from mobile phone with autocorrection / autofill / touch keyboard.
Blame my phone for typos.