[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

David Lanzendörfer leviathan at libresilicon.com
Sun Jul 28 06:38:27 CEST 2019

Dear Zhiyang

> G'Day contributors of the Libre-silicon project,
>   Thank you so much for supporting Dr./Mr. Mohammad Amin Nili, and
> others, who can have their access to GitHub (not just the
> Libre-silicon project repository) or another source-code-hosting
> facility restricted.
The main motivator, where we had to start relocating our infrastructure is,
that it always was a pain during meetings with partners in 深圳 to present the
project on the projector, because the website libresilicon.com was originally
hosted on GitHub, so I had enough and moved it.
And every time I wanna hack around a bit in the StarBucks in Moko center until
my friends come (Shopping park station close to 福田) I encountered the problem,
that I could not reliably git pull/git push (especially when pulling bigger
changes), so I always had to do a git pull, before I crossed the check point.

Very inconvenient.

Now we've got git.libresilicon.com which is not blocked. Much better.

>   We greatly appreciate it.
不用谢 ;-)