[Libre-silicon-devel] Fwd: GitHub and Trade Controls

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jul 28 12:40:53 CEST 2019

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:33 AM David Lanzendörfer
<leviathan at libresilicon.com> wrote:

> Hehe
> Well. I'm usually the first to say "I'm all ears" when someone comes up with a
> plan from the category "Best way to get shot",  but in this case I have to
> pass on setting up our own cell tower, for now  ;-)

 :)  nono, you misunderstand: the HK-based celltowers in the Huaqiang
Bay area are *already there*, and do *not* go via China censors.

so there's absolutely no need to even have a VPN installed, so if you
get stopped by the Chinese Authorities and electronic devices
"searched", they'll find absolutely nothing suspicious.

 pokefi got bought up recently: the price went up from $99 to (gosh,
shock, $150).  prices are USD $3 per gigabyte, HOWEVER, unlike many of
the f*****rs who do devices like this, if you don't use it, the money
STAYS ON THE DEVICE (for 2 years).

 oh, and it's international roaming at a FLAT RATE.  so that's USD $3
per gigabyte, confirmed (so far), in the UK, France, Spain, Holland,
Belgium, Thailand, Japan, Huaqiang Bay, Singapore, Taiwan...

 most companies providing 3G/4G-WIFI portable gateways:

* steal your money after a month,
* require a 2-3 year contract (and steal your money each month)
* do NOT have flat-rate international roaming
* charge several hundred dollars for the actual device

l.