[Libre-silicon-devel] Status update

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at lanceville.cn
Fri Jun 21 14:28:40 CEST 2019

Hi everyone

So today I've etched the gates. Took a bit longer, because the SVG coater just
gave up on all of us this week. Henry repaired it to a degree where at least
the HMDS priming and manual/auto dispense work again now, but the soft bake
hotplate is fucked without hope.

Next month they'll replace the SVG line with a new coater/developer track
anyway, so no worries.

Today Li Ho showed me the widget in the right bottom corner of the poly etcher
control which actually tells me with a curve, as soon as the poly is gone by
analyzing the color of the wafer which is directed from the top of the etching
chamber to a chromometer with a glass fiber.
I can't believe I've never noticed the ICP endpoint widget before! ^^'

Anyway. Etching the poly took around 1.5 minutes for each wafer and I etched
each wafer for 3 minutes, which will make sure, that there is no sidewall
residue of the polysilicon left, which might cause shorts.

The color of the isolating oxide between the junctions and the bulk is still
blue-ish, which means, that it's still in the range of around 800-1000
Angstrom. (Addressing the concern from Ferenc)

Monday I should be able to etch the 200nm LTO implant stop structures, perform
the nimplan+pimplant and anneal it for 30 minutes at 900 degrees Celsius.

After that I can form the nitride spacers, perform the silicide formation and
add the wires.
There shouldn't be shorts anymore now, this time.