[Libre-silicon-devel] Analog Try-out "triple-5"

ludwig jaffe ludwig.jaffe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 05:10:17 CET 2019

Hi Hagen,
we could make a combo chip:
NE555, some LM741, and some CD4066 (transfer gate)
UC3845, UC3843 (simple PWM chip for switch mode power supply)
So geeks could combine the chips using transfer gates :-)

Or lets think about a simple analog geeky chip, that contains:
saw tooth generator, comparator, rs latch, error-amps (UC3845)
while the the saw tooth generator is replaced with a NE555 (transfer gate,
or just fitting the ne 555 instead of the internal uc3845 saw tooth
generator)
The Op-Amp in the UC3845 may be replaced with a 741 or similar simple op
amp.

So we have an universal circuit containing:
-OPAMPS (741, LM324 or similar)
-universal SAWTOOTH-Generators (NE555)
-RS-Latch (NE555 also has a latch) for use in fake UC3845
-the rest used in UC3845

the transfer gates are used as pin mux so we can access internal stuff
of the modified UC3845 and split it into, OP-AMPS, NE555 and so on.

So having a programable simple analog circuit would be cool.
Also a TL431 programable z-diode woud be cool as well as
TAA 761 open collector op-amp.
So here we could combine TL431 with TAA761 open collector
op amp.

We would have an analog "fpga"

What do you think?

Cheers,