[Libre-silicon-devel] ESD protection

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at lanceville.cn
Sat May 11 07:48:40 CEST 2019

Hi
And I just realized that it might not be obvious to some, what this email has
to do with ESD protection. So I'll elaborate a bit.

> Tuesday I'll attend the formal training for the Cirie200 (nickel dry etch
> machine), as well as finalize implant stop, nimplant, pimplant, annealing,
> nitride spacers + silicide block, and then I put it into the furnace for LTO
> deposition.

implant stop and silicide block are the two steps additionally required, for
building Zener polysilicon diodes.

When I've got the diode curves from those test structures, we can built a
rudimentary ESD protection into the bonding pads, which will allow us to wire
bonding the diced dies without frying them.

Cheers
    David