[Libre-silicon-devel] Status update
david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon May 20 13:19:12 CEST 2019
So today I finally got access to the Cirie200 metal dry etcher.
I was running my test sample for measuring the nickel etch rate, when I
noticed, that it wasn't etching at all and that the Cl2 flow rate was totally
off in respect to the recipe, and the Cirie200 was giving me errors.
I consulted with the technician who admitted to me, that the Main Flow Control
(MFC) had broken a while ago but they didn't replace it, because apparently no
one was noticing, that they were not etching according to the recipe, but had
in fact random Aluminum etch rates, basically, because of random variation of
the Cl2 flow... -.-'
Anyway... Now he has to purge the entire Cl2 line with N2 and then he can
replace the main flow control for the Cl2, so that I've got the proper
Cl2+Argon mix for dry etching the Nickel.
I also isolated the issue, why I haven't managed to produce switching
transistors until now.
And mia culpa, I right now wanna beat myself... really hard into the face.
The Titanium etched nice. But when you only sputter 100nm aluminum and wet
etch it without the Titanium coverage, you see, that it's over etching the
exact same way, as Nickel does with the wet etching.
So, as soon as Bao gets the valve fixed interconnect to the devices should
actually work quiet fine.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Libre-silicon-devel