[Libre-silicon-devel] Status update, nickel etching

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at lanceville.cn
Wed May 22 13:40:03 CEST 2019

Hi all
So today I've prepared three brand new dummy samples with 50nm Nickel and
exposed metal1 wire structures to the HPR 504 coated onto it.
Then I fed it after 30 minute hard bake to the AST Cirie200 in a pure Argon
plasma at 30sccm Ar, 500W, 5mTorr.

The only thing etching was the resist, 200nm/10min.

It seems that yesterdays positive initial etching results (oxide became
partially visible under the microscope) originated from the fact that there
was still some Cl2 residue on the sample from the previous test with the
erratic Cl2 MFC.

Because replacing this MFC will take Bao quiet a bit of time, I've decided to
try wet etching the test samples tomorrow, using a highly diluted standard
Aluminum etchant which should give me more precision, hopefully enough
precision, so that I can take the first measurements...

The upside is, that we then already have a formula to get the structures
etched with wet etching, about which most likely some not so rich labs will be
very happy.

Cheers
David