[Libre-silicon-devel] F.Y.I - the back-side of the current license policy

ludwig jaffe ludwig.jaffe at gmail.com
Wed May 22 14:16:23 CEST 2019

Hi all,

it would be a big chance for huawei to show the US monopoly that they can
do without them.
Have a RiscV CPU and an open source GPU (is there anything better than vga
with bit blit as open source verilog?)
Also having a fully open source lineage os would be an asset. When they
throw money on open source projects I would consider buying from them as
one gets a spyware free phone.
I doubt that huawei builds in backdoors as cisco does. The nsa is based in
the usa and china does not have anything in knowing my date with the
dentist. While google and the nsa is nosy about such data.
So I would trust huawei more than cisco and google.

So having a more open source huawei company and a huawei lineage os phone
with risc V would be a strong asset for the open source movement.

Cheers

Ludwig

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/22/18635326/huawei-arm-chip-designs-business-suspension

--
Send from mobile phone with autocorrection / autofill. Blame my phone for
typos.