[Libre-silicon-devel] F.Y.I - the back-side of the current license policy

ludwig jaffe ludwig.jaffe at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:16:55 CEST 2019

Hi David this would be great to get sponsorship for open source processes,
as far as I know Huawei also makes silicon. So what about their fabs and
processes? Maybe they can help to design the libresilicon process and also
build open source silicon with it.

But if I were in charge of Huawei I would fork lineage os and make a Huawei
version in order to control r&d. This version would be git clonable
containing all drivers and everything would be open source. Some custom
look and feel with chinese dragons would be the standard theme.😃

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, David Lanzendörfer <
david.lanzendoerfer at lanceville.cn> wrote:
> Hi
>> it would be a big chance for huawei to show the US monopoly that they
can do
>> without them. Have a RiscV CPU and an open source GPU (is there anything
>> better than vga with bit blit as open source verilog?) Also having a
fully
>> open source lineage os would be an asset. When they throw money on open
>> source projects I would consider buying from them as one gets a spyware
>> free phone. I doubt that huawei builds in backdoors as cisco does. The
nsa
>> is based in the usa and china does not have anything in knowing my date
>> with the dentist. While google and the nsa is nosy about such data. So I
>> would trust huawei more than cisco and google.
> Exactly my opinion as well!
>
>> So having a more open source huawei company and a huawei lineage os phone
>> with risc V would be a strong asset for the open source movement.
> I've talked to Ruopeng today, whether he could go and promoted
LibreSilicon

--
Send from mobile phone with autocorrection / autofill. Blame my phone for
typos.