[Libre-silicon-devel] F.Y.I - the back-side of the current license policy

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu May 23 00:31:15 CEST 2019

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, ludwig jaffe <ludwig.jaffe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it would be a big chance for huawei to show the US monopoly that they can
> do without them.
> Have a RiscV CPU and an open source GPU (is there anything better than vga
> with bit blit as open source verilog?)

Will be within estimated 1 year. https://libre-riscv.org/3d_gpu/ check it
tomorrow, though, mythic beasts had to do an emergency hardware replacement

> Also having a fully open source lineage os would be an asset. When they
> throw money on open source projects I would consider buying from them as
> one gets a spyware free phone.
> I doubt that huawei builds in backdoors as cisco does.

I am applying for a 2nd grant to create formal mathematic correctness
proofs of the hardware. This will have the fascinating side effect that
independent verification of the design's total lack of spyware backdoors
can be mathematically proven.

> The nsa is based in the usa and china does not have anything in knowing my
> date with the dentist. While google and the nsa is nosy about such data.
> So I would trust huawei more than cisco and google.
>
> So having a more open source huawei company and a huawei lineage os phone
> with risc V would be a strong asset for the open source movement.

Trump will retrospectively be recognised as the greatest president of all
time. By virtue of the population of the US going "holy fuck that was
scary, we are never going to vote in such a bigoted fascist dickhead into
power ever again".

So he is doing everyone a favour...

--
---