[Libre-silicon-devel] Keybase

David Lanzendörfer leviathan at libresilicon.com
Wed Apr 22 17:24:23 CEST 2020

Hello
It *is* a scam.
Keybase.io is NOT infrastructure of Merik.
As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any infrastructure actually ran by Merik,
but in fact only publicly available services like jit.si and keybase.io
Lawson seems to be Merik' accomplice.
He di put up a show on jit.si where he acted, as if he'd be "tuning" the
system, which is so hilarious, that not even he was able to keep a straight
face the whole time.
Merik now tries to convince me, that he could bring a fiber line online in
my flat, of which I know doesn't exist, because I've checked with the local
fiber providers and this area here doesn't have coverage yet.
Nevertheless Merik tries to get me to pay him 38 Euros upfront, claiming
"his partner company" would be ready to bring it online today.
This person is a conman, grifter and scammer, so is Lawson.
I've banned both of them from the mailing list and blocked Merik on Skype
and I would suggest you folks to do the same.
They seem to be after some of the money from the NLNet grants.
I already told Michiel to warn the other beneficiaries of the NLNet grant
to avoid interacting with Meric Voswinkel and Lawson English.

-lev