[Libre-silicon-devel] Maskless lithography

David Lanzendörfer leviathan at libresilicon.com
Sun Feb 23 17:42:46 CET 2020

Hi
I'm apparently not the first one with the idea to use a DMD chip and an UV
light source for exposure:
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Layout-for-UV-based-DMD-system-If-the-illumination-is-in-the-UV-spectrum-then-it-must_fig4_50395785

There are actually parts available:
http://www.ti.com/product/DLP9500UV
http://www.ti.com/product/DLP9000XUV

For those chips, the UV wave length would be around 360nm

The price on Mouser is 8888 USD, so around 9 thousand USD

The chip is exactly made for mask less lithography systems as the one I wanna
build, it's even mentioned in the data sheet:
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/dlp9500uv.pdf

By optimizing the aperture of the lens system, this means that one could
perfectly fine produce feature sizes down to 150 nm or so, maybe even smaller.

I wonder, whether we should make a gofundme campaign for buying the
required second hand stepper and this chip... Hmm.

Also. Since this chip is super expensive, we will need to *really* make sure,
that there's no mistake in the PCB, because we only have one attempt.