[Libre-silicon-devel] OK. That happened (Funding)

Éger Ferenc eegerferenc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:36:18 CET 2020

Hello Everyone,

I did some paper-pencil calculations on what we know about these displays.
I put it here:
https://redmine.libresilicon.com/projects/maskless-lithography/repository/43/revisions/master/entry/JBD_uLED.txt
Conclusion: it may even work.

Some questions regarding the topic:

What can we know about the uLED technology INL developed? I found not too
much except it produces good-looking neuromorphic spiking behavior at very
low current densities... What are the key parameters (wavelength, optical
power output, resolution, defect density, uniformity, WPE)? Is this data
public, or INL handles it proprietary? What about IP things (patents by
INL, etc)?

JBD's display technology is proprietary and patent-encumbered. What aspects
does it have on adapting it as the basis of our stepper? What INL (or their
government) will do if they realize it can be used not only as a display?

Regards,
Ferenc